Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day Six - March 14, 2013




I'm so discouraged.  Is anyone else discouraged?  I want to quit.  So.  Much.  Stuff.  I want to just pitch it all, but it's not my room.  Thankfully my daughter realizes there's just not enough room in her tiny space to accomodate all the stuff she has.  Too many things coming in, very little going out.  I went to my sister in law's house where she and her husband recently bought the house next door to rent out.  I walked through it and I was like, ahhhh . . . so much potential.  A clean slate.  I was a bit jealous.  :o)

It's Spring Break here and we haven't done nearly as much as I would've like, but then again I want their break to be fun and not all work.  So, after a fun, relaxed week, today we dove back in to tackle another area.  Her dresser.  I didn't want to just clear the top of her dresser, I wanted to move it all together.  I needed to see another clutter free space so that I could see another light at the end of this very cluttered tunnel.  I think maybe the next project will be to get the bins out of her room as well as the clutter in the back corner.  My husband said we can move it into the garage for now.  This way I can move furniture around and see where she wants her bed, bookcase & desk and then bring a bin in at a time and see where we can put the stuff she can use and what stuff we can let go of.  
We will do this!

BELOW IS WHAT WE STARTED WITH TODAY.  



BELOW LEFT:  (1ST DAY) BEFORE                     BEFORE RIGHT:  (TODAY) AFTER


 

BELOW LEFT: (1ST DAY) BEFORE                              BELOW RIGHT:  (TODAY) AFTER



I don't know about the guitar on top of the dresser and I definitely don't like her shoe basket on top of the brown cabinet.  Any suggestions on how to store her shoes?



THE REST OF THE PICTURES BELOW SHOW THE CLUTTER STILL LEFT TO DEAL WITH.  I'VE GOT TO LOOK AT WHAT'S BEEN CLEARED AND BE HAPPY THAT WE'VE GOTTEN THIS FAR INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON WHAT'S STILL LEFT.



    


No comments:

Post a Comment