Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day Three - March 5, 2013




I just thought I'd be able to do this challenge each and every day, but with my duties as CEO of this household and four kids + 1 hubby's schedules to keep track of . . . it ain't happenin'.  That's ok, as long as we move forward.  Some stuff needs to be done with my daughter, but some things can be done while the kids are at school.  After a promised slumber party by a parent and a still very messy/cluttered room, I told her I'd clear the stuff up so she could pull out her trundle bed for tonight.  Last night as I was reading through Laura's Org Junkie blog I ran across her PROCESS.  Ohhhhh, there's a process?!?  Well, let's try that then.  Honestly I hesitated to do the "R" in her PROCESS.  I've been known to have good intentions when bagging or boxing junk things up and it sits there for days, weeks, months even.  BUT this is a challenge, and I've accepted it.  This part of the process, however, I need her for.  There are obstacles along the way . . . school, homework, a life outside her room, but we'll do it.  The thing I like about this process is that I can see progress, even when there's still work to be done.  I can picture the end result and start to envision what it can become.  So, in less than 15 minutes I tackled one small area of her room and it went from 

THIS


TO THIS


GRANTED, MOST OF HER STUFF WENT HERE



BUT WE'LL GET TO THAT.  HOWEVER, I AM WORRIED BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOT OF STUFF TO GO THROUGH. 

 REMEMBER THIS BAKERS RACK?



AND THIS ONE?




I have hope though.  Most of this stuff she doesn't use or has outgrown.  It's just a matter of doing and purging.  So, until next time, here's to an organized teenager's room!  I look forward to Friday when I can link up our progress.  :o)  Oh and if you'd like to see the progress I'm making, step by step, click on the post links to the right of this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment